Sat, 5/22: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Professional Development Course
CM Credit Hours: 14
The best leaders know how to get individuals to work together to accomplish goals. In contrast, we struggle to: a) enable our colleagues to complete projects; b) motivate employees to demonstrate concern for health and safety; and c) appeal to management and workers to identify risk and reduce events. Drawing from the skills of the world's best change agents and five decades of social science research, Influencer Training® creates a powerful and portable model for behavior change. Influencer Training® provides skills to: a) identify the high-leverage behaviors; b) diagnose the real causes behind behavior problems; c) motivate and enable others; and d) create behavior change strategies that yield rapid, lasting results. For more information, visit https://www.vitalsmarts.com/influencer-training/.
***Please note this is a 2 Day Course, held Saturday May 22 and Sunday, May 23. By registering, you are committing to attending both days to receive full credit.
• Introduction to Influencer®
• Why Influence is a Powerful and Important Capacity to Possess
• Vital Behaviors
• Why Change Seems Impossible
• Sources 1&2: Personal Motivation and Ability
• Sources 3&4: Social Motivation and Ability
• Sources 5&6: Structural Motivation and Ability
• Become an Influencer
Upon completion, the participant will be able to:
• Identify the three keys to influence.
• Select behaviors that will bring about positive change.
• Examine the Six Sources of Influence™ for the causes of influence problems.
• Relate vital behaviors to values through personal experiences.
• Demonstrate deliberate practice to significantly enhance personal ability.
• Identify and engage opinion leaders to overcome resistance.
• Make incentives work by supporting desired behaviors.
• Change the environment to make bad behaviors hard and good behaviors easy.
• Implement the appropriate strategies in their influence plans.
Attendees will work their specific influence challenge with a plan to implement when they return to their place of work. Participants are provided an Influencer Toolkit and a hard copy of "Influencer: The New Science of Leading Change", 2nd Edition.