Wed, 5/26: 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM
Room: Virtual 4
Being a renewable energy that reduces greenhouse gas emissions, the wind energy sector is currently one of the fastest growing sectors. The number of workers employed in various aspects of the wind energy sector is increasing every year. The state of wind turbine safety is of concern, since workers are exposed to hazards that could result in life altering injuries and fatalities. This session will cover the: 1) various parts of a wind turbine; 2) unique confined space challenges; 3) safety measures that should be used for protection; and 4) protocols for planning for rescues from wind turbines.
Upon completion of the session, the participant will be able to:
• Explain the configuration of wind turbines.
• Outline the theory of wind turbine operation.
• Detail the types of confined spaces encountered in wind turbines.
• Describe the hazards faces in wind turbines.
• Examine the rescue challenges in wind turbine confined spaces.
Interactive Session Experience
Emergency Preparedness & Response
Risk Assessment and Management