Mon, 10/16: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT
Workshop Half Day
Westin Boston Seaport
A core responsibility of a product steward is to ensure marketability and compliance, but the number and complexity of global chemical management regulations continue to increase at an accelerating pace. Establishing strategies to track, interpret, advocate, and prepare for emerging and changing regulations is extremely challenging. This workshop examines various options for each of these steps and engages participants in a discussion of the pros and cons of each option. The goal of this workshop is for participants to develop strategies for ensuring marketability and compliance while being engaged partners in developing effective, science-based, and fit-for-purpose chemical management regulations.
This half-day workshop is specifically designed for mid-career professionals looking to enhance their core competencies and who can participate in the discussions, but it is also appropriate for new and early-career product stewards looking for new responsibilities. Industrial hygienists and other environmental health and safety professionals who want to better understand regulatory surveillance and advocacy, as well as aligned professionals who are involved in advocacy activities in legal departments, public affairs, and business, may benefit from attending this workshop.
Upon completion, the participant will be able to:
- Apply the workshop's four steps for managing emerging and changing chemical management regulations.
- Analyze the various options for tracking, interpreting, advocating for, and preparing for emerging and changing chemical management regulations.
- Develop a strategy for ensuring marketability and compliance.
- Engage in the development of effective, science-based, and fit-for-purpose chemical management regulations.
- The Role of Product Stewards in Marketability and Compliance: The goal is for participants to understand and evaluate their roles in ensuring that products can be marketed for their stated purposes and comply with relevant regulations.
- Tracking Emerging and Changing Regulations: The goal is for participants to understand how to track emerging and changing chemical regulations and evaluate how they will propose to accomplish this.
- Interpreting Emerging or Changing Regulations: The goal is for participants to refine their skills for assessing the relevance of emerging or changing regulations to particular situations.
- Advocating for Emerging or Changing Regulations: The goal is for participants to understand the importance of product stewards in the advocacy process.
- Preparing for Emerging or Changing Regulations: The goal is for participants to develop strategies for helping prepare businesses for compliance with emerging or changing regulations.
- Concrete Examples: A discussion of recent and relevant emerging or changing regulations.
- Exchange, Discussion, and Feedback.
Emerging Global Regulatory Issues - General
Certified Professional Product Steward Domain Alignment
Domain I: Assessment, Impact Analysis, & Risk Management
Domain III: Data & Information Management
Domain IV: Regulatory Compliance
Interactivity and Engagement
Transfer of Knowledge
Hands-on demonstrations and practicum