Mon, 10/16: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM EDT
Workshop Full Day
Westin Boston Seaport
This highly interactive workshop provides a comprehensive overview of the fundamentals of product stewardship including product compliance, risk management, sustainability, and toxicology. Perfect for those new to product stewardship or with less than 5 years of experience, each section will led by industry experts within their respective areas, including several Certified Professional Product Stewards®.
1. Fundamentals of Product Stewardship with Sonia and Lesa from 8:00 – 9:30 AM
2. Introduction to Product Compliance with Jo and Domonick from 9:30 – 11:00 AM
3. Product Risk Management Basics with Rachelle and Steven from 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
4. LUNCH BREAK from 12:30pm – 1:30pm
5. Introduction to Sustainability with Mary Ellen and Jo from 1:30 – 3:00 PM
6. Basics of Toxicology with Laurie and David from 3:00-4:30
Upon completion, the participant will be able to:
• Describe fundamental product stewardship principles.
• Recall product compliance strategies and basic risk management principles.
• Describe toxicology fundamentals and sustainability.
• Determine the relevant regulations for their company in multiple countries around the world and different types of regulations that need to be complied with in each country that their company operates in.
• Recall the support and communications that products stewards are typically asked to provide to customers.
• Apply the basic concepts of the product risk assessment process and incorporate them into business decision-making and strategies.
• Define the terms "Sustainability" and "ESG" and describe differences between them.
• Identify regulations related to sustainability.
• Identify the societal risks of 'tunnel vision' and the methods used for measuring environmental impacts and sustainability.
• Summarize toxicological issues as they relate to product stewardship.
• Utilize methods and references to conduct product risk assessments.
• Fundamentals of Product Stewardship: A review of basic product stewardship terminology and highlights key product stewardship tools. A wide range of topics is introduced including the fundamentals of product stewardship, product compliance, risk management, toxicology, and concepts around product sustainability.
• Introduction to Product Compliance: Will help new product stewards understand the complexities of product compliance and gives an overview of regulations, frameworks, and concepts that you need to be aware of.
• Product Risk Management Basics: Will provide a high-level overview of exposure and risk assessment, risk characterization, and risk management and regulatory engagement strategy principles for product stewards and other related professional fields.
• Introduction to Sustainability: Will help new product stewards understand the complexities surrounding sustainability and gives a brief overview of regulations, frameworks, and concepts that you need to be aware of.
• Basics of Toxicology: Will cover toxicological terminology, physiology and toxicokinetics, toxicological interactions, target organ toxicity, toxicological issues in product stewardship, the process of development exposure limits and toxicity reference values, qualitative/quantitative structural activity relationships (QSARs), toxicological classifications, and ecotoxicological effects on food webs.
Communication & Training
Risk Assessment Training
Consumer Product Regulations
Extended Producer Responsibility Requirements
Sustainability - General
Sustainability - Product
Certified Professional Product Steward Domain Alignment
Domain I: Assessment, Impact Analysis, & Risk Management
Domain IV: Regulatory Compliance
Interactivity and Engagement
Small Group Discussion